I love making a big batch of this as a side or addition to my salads during the week. The combination of ginger and garlic simply can’t be beat and adds a punch to any meal. Loaded with healthy hormone balancing purple cabbage, carrots and sesame, this makes for a great side along a tempeh of meatballs.
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- To toast your sesame seeds, heat a dry sauté pan on low flame.
- When the pan is hot, add the sesame seeds. Toast for about 2 minutes until golden.
- Remove the sesame seeds from the pan so that they don’t continue cooking. Set aside to use in the final step.
- Next, take a sauté pan and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- When the pan is hot, add the onions. Sauté until soft.
- Add purple cabbage, salt, and black pepper. Allow the cabbage to soften.
- Next, add ginger, shredded carrots, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- When the cabbage and other vegetables are soft to your liking, turn off the flame and top with toasted sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds.
Making vegetables exciting will strengthen your ability to maintain a healthy diet that encourages energy and healthy digestion. So many people fall off the wagon because they think healthy eating has to be bland. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Eating well isn’t about encouraging boredom and blandness, it’s about nourishment on a deeper level, and pleasing your tastebuds and your body at the same time.
If you’re serious about getting healthy, restoring your digestion and boosting your energy, then check out my new comprehensive program, Love Your Gut. It’s loaded with gut restoring delicious recipes plus a a ton of resources to help you learn everything you need to know about gut health. You’ll also get access to a private community of members – we’re all in this together!
Or join me on my Facebook page where I’ll be sharing more information, tips and recipes to help you live a happier, more energized life.