Anyone who knows me well knows I love avocado anything. So the moment I heard about avocado oil, I began learning how it could be used and its many benefits.
Avocado oil is a nutrient dense oil that should be in everyone’s cupboard. It’s great for cooking, skin care and digestive health and offers more benefits than I can list. It might just be the next coconut oil… maybe.
So what’s so great about avocado oil?
The same fatty acid that makes olive oil so amazing, oleic acid is good for the immune system and can withstand oxidation much better than most oils. This makes it last longer without going rancid and better at withstanding high temperatures.
An essential vitamin for healthy skin, hair and nails, vitamin E helps prevent against the oxidative damage cause by free-radicals.
Avocado oil is great for gut health for similar reasons as avocado itself. Cold pressed avocado oil is rich in enzymes and healthy fats that help stimulate your body to repair itself.
My Favorite Ways to Use Avocado Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a wide-mouth mason jar
- Use an immersion blender and lift up and down for 30 seconds
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender. Start by adding the egg and on medium speed slowly drizzle in the avocado oil until thick. Add the other ingredients and enjoy!
Try swapping avocado oil into your favorite salad dressing and marinade recipes:
- 1 Tablespoon homemade mayo
- ¼ Cup avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Mix all ingredients together and serve with fresh greens.
- 1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup tamari
- ¼ Cup avocado oil
- Add all ingredients to your blender and process until super smooth.
- Use as a marinade for chicken breasts, steak, tempeh or pork chops.
Join me on my Facebook page where I’m constantly sharing more information, tips and recipes like this to help you live a healthier, more energized life!