Do you ever feel like living with a chronic illness should be easier to manage? Need more optimism to carry you through the valleys and peaks?
While you heal, there are several ways in which you can positively impact the trajectory of your gut health. It has to do a lot with the mind-gut connection and how you plan your meals. A little work in these two areas goes a long way!
Recently on the Thrive by Food Show, my weekly health and wellness show on Facebook Live, I featured Tina Haupert. Tina is the co-founder of Designed to Fit Nutrition, a custom meal plan company, Nutrition House Software, a client and nutrition management platform, as well as the voice behind Carrots ‘N’ Cake, a popular health and lifestyle website that chronicles her adventures, workouts, and recipes, all while sharing how you can have you carrots and eat your cake, too! Her work has been featured in Glamour, Health, People StyleWatch, Runner’s World, Shape, The Boston Globe, Women’s Day, and I was so excited to bring her onto the show to share more about her journey and business!
Tina’s health journey includes her challenges living with and healing her ulcerative colitis, getting pregnant and having all her symptoms suddenly disappear, to an intense recurrence of all her symptoms after childbirth. Through all this, she learned how to harness the power of the mind-gut connection and implement meal planning to ease the challenges. Energy goes where thoughts flow so (believe it or not!), improving her mindset greatly impacted her gut health!
I can’t wait for you to hear how Tina’s journey unfolded and how it may relate to you.
In this 37-minute Q&A, we cover:
- Tina’s ulcerative colitis journey and how she maintains her positivity throughout all the high’s and low’s
- Tips to maintain positivity during an ulcerative colitis flare
- The mind-gut connection and Tina’s insight on how mindset truly affects the condition of her gut health and symptoms
- How her meal planning company, Designed to Fit Nutrition was inspired by her own healthy journey
- The ways in which meal planning helps Tina personally and how it can help you, too
- The initial difficulties in sticking to a meal plan and Tina’s clients biggest challenges
Thank you for tuning in and be sure to ‘like’ the Thrive by Food page to be notified about weekly Thrive by Food Shows featuring other expert coaches in the areas of energy, mindfulness, spirituality and functional medicine, as well as those who have gone through their own intense health journeys. I’ll see you over there!