Cranberry sauce is a staple in the traditional Thanksgiving dinner but is often loaded with processed sugars you can easily avoid.
Here’s a new, healthy twist on a cranberry sauce recipe using maple syrup and citrus flavors. Enjoy!
Maple Cranberry Sauce
A healthy twist on the traditional cranberry sauce recipe using maple syrup instead of processed white sugar!
Write a review
- 12 oz bag of frozen or fresh organic cranberries
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp loosely packed orange zest
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice (from the same orange you just zested)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- Rinse cranberries well
- Place cranberries in a saucepan, adding in maple syrup, orange zest, juice and the cinnamon stick
- Turn the stove on medium heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure it doesn’t stick to the bottom and burn
- Once the cranberries have all popped, remove pan from heat, remove lid
- As it cools, the sauce will thicken considerably (once it cools you can add water if you want a thinner consistency)
- Remove the cinnamon stick and serve!
Thrive by Food https://thrivebyfood.com/